Sunday, December 22, 2013
Wedding details and other points to ponder...
Details.
I have a love/hate relationship with them. While they tend to complicate the most simple of tasks, they are absolutely necessary and add to whatever they might coincidently be gumming up at the time. Nothing would be the same without them. That being said, we needed to decide the basics:
- Who.
Us, and whomever else we decide to share our day with but keeping it semi-intimate with only 50-75 people, mostly from his family and friends as I come from hillbilly stock and I sort of cringe at the thought of some of my people showing up with banjos, as they tend to do, so am really, thinking of inviting only a select few from the Clampett branch of my family tree. While it would make things both interesting as well as unforgettable, I'm sort of leaning against that idea as it would be a decision that will bite me in the ass, am sure. Sorry.
-What.
A low-key affair with both wedding and reception in one place. Buffet style food, tasteful decorations, some tunes and alcohol that flows freely. A fairly simple concept. Wedding colors that reflect my man's favorite NFL team. ( HIS choice. It's good to have a man be willing to participate in this decision making brain-melt, rather than telling me that whatever I choose will be fine...) It's his day, too, so purple and yellow, it is...
-When.
July 2015
-Where.
TBA but we have a few really good prospects lined up...
-How.
How to pull off an event of this size financially, without going into debt to do it, so our life together doesn't start in the red zone. Buy saving every possible cent and buying things from my decorations/ table decor list on sale and discounted when possible and as I go along, rather than paying for everything in one fell swoop. It physically pains me to have to spend large amounts of money at one time so I find that it hurts much less and I barely miss it when spent in smaller increments with a list of things to cross off afterwards to keep me organized and from overspending.
-Afterwards.
We want to go on a honeymoon. We need a good adventure together. He has never been to California and I had the opportunity of spending several years of my life out in the San Francisco Bay Area in my early 20's. There are just so many really cool things out there that I could share with him and seeing them through his eyes would be like experiencing them again, for the first time. That, too, takes bank and we need time to come up with that as well. We're going to do it the right way and not live together before we get married, not because I'm puritanical, but because it will be the beginning of the rest of our life together after that day, but not a single day before. I've been a single girl for many years and am used to doing things my own way and in my own time so I'm trying to slowly wean myself to the sharing-everything sort of lifestyle that is the nature of the beast for co-ed cohabitation.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment