Saturday, March 08, 2014
Life happens when you're planning other things...
Out of the blue, my sweet thing asked me if I had given any thought to just getting married quietly this fall and taking a really awesome honeymoon rather than wait until next year to have a formal wedding.
Honestly, I have given the concept much thought. The quiet part, with no timeline attached.
After a recent turn of events, it made me realize how ridiculous it truly is to shell out large sums to entertain and impress people that you never see for one evening that will ultimately fade to gray in their memories, like the rest of the gatherings that they've attended throughout the years. It seems almost obscene and wasteful. There are a million and one other things that we could do with what a wedding would cost, selfish things that would improve our quality of comfort and aesthetics that would better stand the test of time than an afternoon and evening spent in an overpriced, uncomfortable dress that I will wear only once, sharing an intimate moment with a room full of mostly strangers to witness, who then I must then feed and make nice to at my own expense.
Justice of the peace it is and I'm not at all disappointed by that. It means that we will be able to experience more and not start our life together financially drained, because it's not only about that one day, but about the rest of our life together.
<3
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment